Visa stamp helps you to move to any country of your choice for a certain time period. The USA is one of the favorite destinations where people, especially from Pakistan, wants to go for businesses and study purpose. The USA offers quite straight rules for non-immigrant visa and study visa, however, Edwise is providing guidelines about the requirements for obtaining US visa from Pakistan.
Non-immigrant visa also known as B2 Visa which is used for traveling purpose. This visa is for those who want to visit to meet friends, family or for any medical checkup. For visiting visa valid passport is a must. The maximum length of visa is 6 months, and you must not involve in any kind of business or studies while you are on a non-immigrant visa. However, if you want to go for study and business purposes, there is a B1 visa.
The requirement of applying for Study Visa
If you want to study in US you must demonstrate to the consular officer regarding the eligibility according to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Section 214(b) of the INA. According to this section, every applicant must prove the purpose of the trip, show funds to fulfill the expense and you need to ensure that you will come back at the end of the visit. F-1 is the most common type of student visa for someone who wants to engage with and academic studies.
In order to apply for the study visa you must submit the following documents:
- Fill Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application Form.
- One (1) 2″x2″ (5cmx5cm) photograph taken within the last six months
- A receipt showing payment of your non-refundable nonimmigrant visa application processing fee, which is US$ 160 paid in local currency.
- An approved Form from your U.S. school or program.
- 10-year travel history however, B-1 visa does not require any travel history.
- List of siblings and children
- All the educational documents must not be fake. The documents include school transcript, A-Levels certificate, Good tests scores in SAT or TOEFL and other diplomas.
Steps to Apply for Visa
- Fill the nonimmigrant visa application form
- Pay the fees of visa application
- Schedule your appointment
- Step 4
- Visit the U.S Consulate on the day of your interview along with a copy of the required documentation. Like, current and old passport, fee receipt and photographs.
However, Edwise is the most reliable education consultant in Karachi which makes it easy for you to go abroad for higher studies. For further queries, you can contact us Now!