- April 29, 2019
- Posted by: Edwise Education
- Category: Education
The UK is supposedly expensive for the tourists if you visit the country without any preparation beforehand. If you just moved to London or planning to study in the UK than there are a few things you need to keep in mind if you do not want to break your bank and explore London.
The city is full of exciting activities that keep your credit card at rest and lets you enjoy to your fullest without spending a single penny. After compiling a list of attractions that you can visit for free and the night pubs that you can go and enjoy comedy shows, the list of freebies this city has to offer is never-ending.
Summers is the best time to visit London because of all the festivals and celebrations going on in the month of June mostly. But, London has a lot of free stuff to offer to its citizens and to the visitors as well. Here is the list of everything you can do and every place you can visit for FREE.
Unusual Activities and Free Museums:
- See the world’s oldest dinosaur sculptures at Crystal Palace Park.
- Examine exhibitions spanning art, health and science at the Science Gallery London.
- Browse old sewing machines at the London Sewing Machine Museum.
- Be wowed by the Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies at the British Museum.
- Hold a genuine bar of gold at the Bank of England Museum.
- Go see the T-Rex and experience the earthquake simulator at the Natural History Museum.
- Learn about the history of the river Thames at Museum of London Docklands.
- Explore the history of England’s capital at the Museum of London
Indulge In Nature – Parks:
1. Go deer-spotting at Richmond Park.
2. See the Peter Pan statue at Kensington Gardens
3. Watch the pelicans being fed every day at 2.30pm at St James’s Park. Also look out for water birds, owls, woodpeckers and bats.
Freebies For Kids:
1. Go mudlarking – the city equivalent of beachcombing – outside Gabriel’s Wharf or on the City of London side of the Millennium Bridge, where you can check the surface for old clay smoking pipes and bits of pottery. Check the tide tables in advance.
2. Meet ferrets, bunnies, alpacas and more at Vauxhall City Farm.
3. Little ones can be pirates for the day on Captain Hook’s huge wooden pirate ship at the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Playground.
London Attractions For Free:
1. Watch the Changing the Guard ceremony outside Buckingham Palace.
2. Watch Tower Bridge open.
3. Take a selfie in front of the bright lights of Piccadilly Circus.
Breathtaking Views Of London:
1. For some of the best views of the capital from the heady heights of 155m (509ft), head up to Sky Garden.
2. Stroll to the top of Hampstead Heath’s Parliament Hill for marvellous vistas across London.
3. Soak up sweeping views across the river Thames and central London from Greenwich Park.
1. Chill out in the Barbican Conservatory, alive with tropical plants, trees and fish.
2. Explore the ruins of a church bombed in the Blitz in the pretty St Dunstan in the East gardens.
Free Comedy Nights:
1. Enjoy a giggle at Angel Comedy Club, offering free comedy shows every night of the week.
To help you out and guide all about the education system in the UK, meet the educational consultants in Pakistan.